THE DOVETAIL PROCESS
It’s easy to think that the conventional approach of design, bid and then build is still the way to go—but at Dovetail, we know that a successful outcome requires a fun, creative, and forward-looking process driven by a broad range of preconstruction services that can change as design and client needs and priorities evolve.
We tailor our preconstruction and building process to your project, often assisting with:
- Evaluating the land’s constructability by providing insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborating and creating beauty with design and engineering professionals to provide best construction value in design documents.
- Ongoing advice to evaluate, maintain focus, and provide options to achieve design intent while appreciating budgetary and scheduling goals.
- Providing detailed open book estimates and critical path method schedules based on comprehensive historical information and current market conditions.
- Coordinating the critical systems such as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (in conjunction with the architectural, engineering and structural design).
- Collaborating with design and engineering team to assess systems and material costs to provide the optimal cost/benefit ratio to the owner.
- Managing the bidding and negotiation process with the best subcontractors and vendors in our marketplace.
- Providing comprehensive turn-key general contracting and building services that surpass our clients’ expectations.
- Overseeing cloud-based project management software that allows the entire team visibility to design documents, cost reporting, scheduling, submittals, requests for information, photos and more.
- Long-term follow-up with our clients, to make certain that what we promised from the start continues to satisfy into the future.
To see examples of our process that have come to life, view to our Project Portfolio.